Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Digital Drawing: Adobe and Paint Tool Sai

Boy Next Door in Adobe
     There was this man named Shinzuo Ryuketsu (Redge Santos, real name) who introduced digital drawing to me. I call him SENSEI. He's not actually a professional teacher, but he's a teacher to me in his own way. (echos XD). He taught me a lot of things about digital arts (and I'm beginning to think he knows everthing about it.. XD) I think his favorite Adobe tool is the SMUDGE tool (obviously lol.)





     Moving on, DIGITAL DRAWING is an art on which traditional drawing techniques are applied using digital tools. Two of my favorite tools are Adobe Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai. 

      One of my Adobe works is this "Boy Next Door". I admit drawing in adobe is a bit hard specially when you are just using your bare mouse XD. Actually there is also a tool for drawing straight or curve lines in adobe. It is called the pen tool. You can also use that.


     However, I find it easier to draw in Paint Tool Sai because it is specially designed for drawing. Check my speed painting video to catch and idea of what Paint tool sai is.



     First, you have to trace your picture with LINEWORKS tool. It's better to use curve lines but if you have a lot of lines in your image, you also have to use straight lines tool. 
This is what Paint Tool Sai looks like..
      Now for the coloring, create a new layer. Make sure you rename it with what part you are coloring (i.e. skin, dress, eyes, or hair) so it would not be confused with other layers. 
      Then drag the lineworks layers above the coloring layer. This is to ensure that the lines will always be seen and to make the coloring easier. You can also use the magic wand tool to make it a lot easier.
      For the shading, use the blur tool to make it smooth.
      If you want to change the color of the layer, play with hue and saturation.



Lonely Fairy on Sai
     One of my favorite drawing is this "Lonely Fairy". This is a combination of adobe photoshop and paint tool sai. I drew the anime in Sai, and the backgound, including the trunk of the tree in adobe.



Salamat sa pag view :)

4 comments:

  1. First you must study the anatomy or bod system on a manga or anime in order to make you drawings hot as hell >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anung title ng kanta anyway? Hahaha. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unwritten by natasha bedingfield.. cute ng song no? XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick Comments

Blogger Widgets